- Intercompany’s 2016 Best Global Brands — #14
- Global Diversity and Inclusion Awards
- LinkedIn’s North America’s 2015 Top 100 Most InDemand Employers — #67
- Talent Board’s 2015 EMEA Candidate Experience Award Winner
- Glassdoor’s Candidates’ Choice Awards 2015 — #11
- Working Mother’s 2015 100 Best Companies
- Fortune’s 2016 Most Power Women in Business — Diane Braynt, #44
- DiversityMBA’s 2015 Best Place for Women & Diverse Managers to Work — #16
- MilitaryTimes’s 2015 Best or Vets: Employers — #31
- Fortune’s Change the World List — #12
This was a tremendous opportunity to work with a diverse team and fulfill weekly deliverables. Tasks included:
- Executing market research on new product innovation in the Internet of Things (IoT) market, by sifting through large databases, creating surveys, and dissecting and categorizing target consumer feedback.
- Strategizing and developing partnership opportunities into new product categories within the IoT market.
Accounting is backward-looking, while finance is forward-looking. However, in order to budget and project correctly, finance professionals have to understand the core accounting concepts.
Which is the most important financial statement? How does one go about determining current period cash flows?
With Xan’s background in Accounting, he was able to guide students in corporate finance. He taught budgeting, financial tools, pro forma financial statements and applied them to real business situations presented in cases and classroom exercises.
His tasks included mentoring students on possible testing materials, assignment structures, and group project presentations. http://xanricketts.com/?page_id=338
The goal of this position was to increase student involvement in the donation process, while attending the University. A couple of dollars today can help a future incoming business student in years to come. Website
Title: Store Management Intern
Duration: 8 weeks (June 15- August 7)
Spent 8 weeks on a capstone business-driving Home project and presented to 7 top-level executives.
Improved MyClient Sales up to 3.5% in my chosen project department, Home.
Performed “Executive in Charge” responsibilities, including opening and closing the store, helping selling associates in their respective departments, and driving sales through one-on-one associate coaching.
Participated in an Intern Summit and analyzed Men’s Collections, a specific Family of Business (FOB), and determined optimal merchandise location, areas for improvement, and successful zones.
Intern Summit July 20-22, 2015
Day 1: Executive Deep Dive
- Focused on a Family of Business (FOB) at the Willowbrook store location in Houston, Texas and determined three successes and three opportunities within this category of inventory. Also, analyzed which group of products had the highest volume, therefore driving the FOB in total sales dollars.
- Xan’s FOB was Men’s Collections and the highest volume group was Men’s Polo.
Day 2: Houston Food Bank Volunteering
- Volunteered with all of the interns at the Houston Food Bank in Texas.
- Sorted goods such as household products, drinks, and snacks into boxes, which were then stacked on to wooden crates and saran wrapped.
Christian Center of Park City– Business Consultant in Park City, Utah
Led a group of four classmates in achieving the goal of our project: to increase profit/revenue. Took trips up to the Park City Boutique, Park City Thrift Store, and Heber Valley Center Stage. Took pictures of store layouts. Talked to employees to see how current operations were run.
Recommended changes in: store layouts, pricing, loyalty programs, store hours, product assortment, discounts, and checks and balances.
Entrepreneur Club– Chief Marketing Officer at the University of Utah
Roles included setting up innovative events, leading groups of bright students and helping them improve business ideas, producing vibrant eye-catching flyers, and bringing new products to the active market.
Xan managed all website content and social media sites.
Eccles Marketing Society & Eccles Outdoor Industry Club– Student Leader at the University of Utah
Roles for both clubs encompassed developing marketing strategies, visiting company sites, and assessing competitive advantages, strategic development, and new product development life cycles.
Strategic Management Class– Teaching Assistant at the University of Utah
Question is, why do some firms outperform others? Strategy is an integrative discipline. It requires the use of principles, analytics tools, and communication skills.
Xan taught students on possible testing materials, assignment structures, and group project presentations.
He guided students on the topic of strategy; including teaching strategy theory and applying it to real business situations presented in cases and classroom exercises.