Ah, yes, the brand-new, all-happening, omnipresent CBD Oil. But what exactly is it and how can it benefit you?
CBD stands for cannabidiol, and differs from THC (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol). Both are from the cannabis sativa plant though.
CBD does not have the “high” effect of THC. It is a molecule and a cannabinoid. It is one strand found in the plant. There are over 80 other cannabinoids in the cannabis plant.
Some of the benefits include:
- Pain, anxiety, nausea reduction
- Suppresses CB1 Receptors (the receptors that get you “high”)
- Positive mood change
- Decreases short-term memory impairment
There is a medical article that goes into much more detail here.
CBD can be made from flowers, leaves and stalks of the hemp plant or a high-CBD strain of a THC-containing marijuana plant.
There are various ways to consume CBD oil. Here is a list of the most common:
- Place onto finger or spoon and put on tounge
- Put under tongue
- Use a vaporizer pen
- Chew as gum
- Mix with your favorite food or drink (Gatorade, tea, coffee, oatmeal, etc.)
- Rub on your skin
- Use shampoos/conditioners to wash your hair
Companies that produce the product can be found on reddit. They are also listed here for your ease of use:
- NuLeaf Naturals
- Bluebird Botanicals
- Green Mountain CBD
- CannaWell (BlueBird EU)
- Panacea Life Sciences
- Palmetto Harmony
- Receptra Naturals
- Lazarus Naturals
- Genco Pura Oil
- Folium Biosciences (B2B/Bulk)
- Ambary Gardens
There are also up-and-coming companies that provide reliable products. Some of them are listed here: